Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

That’s great info. Thanx!! I’ll try the fiber thing to lower blood sugar.
      I’m sure it has other benefits too.

Anonymous

Okay, Now are you going to listen? This is what I found from the Alternative Medicine Digest:::
        Guar Gum and Pectin have the effect of lowering blood glucose levels and reducing insulin secretion following the intake of sugar..
        Source: Folia Endocrinoligica Japonica 20 June 1992 68(6) 623-35

Guar gum has favorable long term affects in glycemic(sugar) control and lipid(fat) concentrations.
        Also states that it is advisable to add a fiber mix to any meal or snack that is high in sugar content.

Guar gum has the effect of lowering blood sugar levels in both insulin dependent and non-insulin dependent (that’s me!)
        diabetes in the age group of 41 to 50 years old. (oops, I’m only in my thirty somethings)

Journal of the Indian Medical Association 1994 April 92(4) 115-7

Guar gum is a no calorie and high fiber food. It is also used as a thickening agent. The origin is from the Middle east and it tastes like drinking cacti.
        I’m getting more information from school, so if you can hold on, I’ll get it. Oh, one other thing, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition has a good diet
        that may help in reducing sugar levels.. so stay tuned, okay?

By the way…
        Hope you people have a GREAT day!

Ann N

Anonymous

I printed out your comments because my husband thinks alt. med. could’cure’ me,or at least make my symptoms alot better. He’s having a hard time realizing that this GD is a continuos battle. I also suffer from clinical depression which was diagnosed before the GD. It has gotten worse since RAI. I take meds for that & migraines too so my husband is pretty fed up. …Kendra

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.