Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi SAS! I wish you the best of luck with your treatments. I’m glad to hear that your husband will be with you. My husband was very supportive, also. He went to every appointment with me, and was at my bedside after my surgeries. Aside from the emotional support, he was my “notetaker”. I have a terrible time remembering what the doctors say and understanding the numbers. Brent has an excellent memory, plus thought of things to ask the doctor that I didn’t. Plus- my docs would ask him questions about my habits, emotions, physical symptoms and get a more rounded picture of my condition. My point is that your husband could be a big help to you and the doctors during your exams and treatments. He should bring his crossword puzzles into the examining room, in case he gets bored.

Wishing you well, Debby

Anonymous

Thanks to you too Bruce. That picture really gives me a good idea of what is coming. I know it’s not painful but it’s just the hassle of yet another thing to go through – so far with no success. Are your eyes OK now. We were very interested in your boatbuilding. We have been boaters however have now given it up. Also where you live looks great. We usually take a couple of trips a year but with my eyes the way they are I have been advised not to go into the States because our travel medical does not cover a pre-existing problem. We could bankrupt ourselves by having to have treatment in the US. Hopefully after these treatments I will start to get on the mend and be able to have my operations and be back to “normal” by the end of the year. It has been a long haul. Best to you and thanks again. SAS

Anonymous

Got your message and looked up your picture. Thanks. Well I’m off to do it. I didn’t sleep at all last night. I don’t think the Prednisone helps with that. I hear you guys had a slight earthquake last nite. Did you feel it? We were in a 7.5 in Costa Rica a few years back and that was something. Everyone was very worried about us and we couldn’t get through to tell them we were OK. We had left the disaster area the day before but it was still a real scare and a mess where we were. Talk to you later. Thanks again – I now know what to expect and am not afraid but just another thing to go through!! SAS

Anonymous

Yeah, we did feel the shake here a bit. It was an aftershock of the big one a few years ago that was centered about a mile from here (Landers quake).

Hope all went well for ya today! Looking foward to hearing about your experience.

Bruce

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.