Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I got a wonderful checkup at the endocrinologist’s office today. After doing alternative treatments since September and then in addition, PTU for the last 11 weeks, ALL my thyroid levels are in the normal ranges. He reduced my medication after the first 3 weeks to half, then this time down another 1/3, and gave me permission to reduce that further in half if I should feel cold and fatigued, and that I don’t even have to call him if I find myself feeling cold and sluggish. He asked me how was I at handling good news for a change when he walked into the room. I can handle it just FINE! He wants to see me in 3 mo, then after that in 6 mo, and will make a judgement then whether to quit PTU then or not. Anyone out there further along with PTU know what they look for after the levels go to normal? I was so happy with my news that that Q never occured to me until I was in the parking lot on my way out! Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you, too.

Karen in Michigan

Anonymous

I picked out a new endo this week. One of my key questions was how they handle lab & test results. To my surprise, the office is about to enable a new system that automatically sends a copy of test results directly to the patients. Is that great, or is that great!!
        I have serious arguments with only getting my test results called to me if they are “abnormal” (i.e. it is abnormal for me when my tests come back “normal” for the first time in a year). And I always think since I’m paying for the test, by rights I should get something more than just a bill for it. So far, I’m impressed with the doctor’s office. That’s a good initial sign. Half the time half the trouble with a doctor is the office.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.