Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Toni,

Just wanted to encourage you and tell you that your hair will begin
      coming back as your body begins to stabilize. Take care of yourself and eat good nutritious food. —Lots of fresh air and exercise (if you’re able) help relieve stress for me and less stress helps all around. When my hair started coming back it was dry, as well as my skin. I have found that taking Evening Primrose Oil helps. ( I buy it at the Health Food Store)

Best regards–things WILL get better.
      Valerie L.

Anonymous

Hi Toni.

I also lost a lot of hair before I was diagnosed with Graves and during my ATD treatment. I never went completely bald, but my long, thick, naturally curly hair turned thin and dull. I had a very visible thinning all over the top of my head and wore a baseball cap whenever possible. I’ve been on ATDs for a year now and I noticed that my hair STOPPED falling out about 4 months into treatment. It’s starting to get fuller and grow again. I massage my scalp daily to help get blood to the area which stimulates growth. I know it’s a scary symptom, and rather embarassing, but trust me… your hair will grow back. I thought I was doomed to a life of wigs and cried my eyes out for months, but my hair looks great now. Hang in there!!! Kass

Anonymous

Toni,

I am afraid the PTU only lasts for a short while for me. And I have such
          a severe case of Graves that I need the constant bombardment of PTU.

Also I have found a remidy, If I arrange the time right I will take it at night around 12:30 am. Then I don’t have to take it till approx. 6:00 am.

I found a soft alarm clock that is just a light buzz. And it wakes me
          enough to take the meds and then go back to sleep.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Annette Marie.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.