Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Ron: are you an MD? If not, then what sounds like medical diagnosis on here is possibly a no-no.

Furthermore, my doctors, all of them I have seen since I was diagnosed, said that there IS something wrong with my thyroid. Once it is attacked by the antibodies, it no longer functions normally. and some of us just could not tolerate ATDs. That is why I chose RAI after a course of ATDs and why, like my mother, if the choice becomes necessary again, I will most likely chose surgery rather than this long wait after RAI.

But, each of us reacts differently to this disease and each of us should make our choices after consultation with competetent medical professionals. All of us can tell each other how we reacted, but unless we are doctors or nurse practitioners and have studied this disease medically for years, we have no business recommending one treatment over another. What works for you might not work for me and what works for me might not work for anyone else.

I am glad to see that you recommend people making up their own minds, but that should have been your first paragraph and then go on with your opinion, to take care of those who read somethings on this board, read the first part, get scared and never finish reading the whole post.

Keep up the good fight Ron–we all need to stick together in this war!

Val

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.