Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ann, I’m unable to find this item in my books at home. I’ve not heard of it but I will keep looking and I will ask some questions of some people “in the know”. With regard to the DHEA, I’ve read that there can be problems with liver damage. I’m quite leary of taking hormones ie: melatonin etc. I’d rather take an herb if there is one that’s comparable. In the case of melatonin, Valerian works great to help sleep. I’ll see if I can get any info for you. E

Anonymous

Hi all:

I have been taking DHEA at a level determined by a blood test by my doctor. The blood work wasn’t covered by my insurance, and so cost $86 to have done. Seems like a bargain, as the my DHEA levels were very low, and I feel so much better now. I agree, it is not something to fool around with, do not take it if you don’t have the facts. DHEA is a precursor to other hormones in your body. For reference, look up Dr Michael Colgan’s book “Hormonal Health” for a good, simplified assesment of the entire hormonal system. KarenB

PS notes to Jake and Shannon: Jake, keep up your Native American talk on the board, please. It helps us all in many ways to feel connected. Shannon: I laughed belly laughs and couldn’t catch my breath as I read it to my son and his friend…if vegetarians eat vegetables what do humanitarians eat? THANKS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.