Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mary, I have a chiropractor, I love him dearly… but he is an expert on my back, NOT MY THYROID. While I’m sure he’s of great benefit to you in many ways he is not the one who should be telling you what to do for your thyroid. Stick with your endo – I’m sure he/she knows what’s best. If seeing an endo and following the treatment before put you into remission, DO IT AGAIN. Just a thought. Good Luck. Kass

Anonymous

Unless your chiropractor is also an M.D. specializing in thyroid disorders, I suggest that your endo probably has the more relevant training to treat GD. Frances

Anonymous

Mary, only a doctor can interpret your symptoms and diagnose you.

Keep in mind, however, that hyperthyroidism (including Graves’) can come and go to some degree on its own, so an improvement is not necessarily an indication that the chiropractor’s treatment is what’s helping you. Also, you might note that while your Free T-4 has gone down to 7.5, it’s still WAY higher than mine at diagnosis (2.5)! I gained weight also, and was not getting better.

I’m really surprised that the chiropractor claims he can cure you–I’d think he’d be leaving himself open for a serious malpractice claim, since the only treatments with documented results are surgery, RAI, or Anti-Thyroid Drugs. If he has an effective new method, we’d better check out his documentation, and then make it into international news! In the meantime, you could be incurring serious medical damage to your body.

A good endocrinologist should be able to tell if you have Graves’ or some other form of hyperthyroidism, and advise you of the advantages and disadvantages of the various treatment choices.

Best Wishes,
          Dianne

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.