Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lin, you made a good point about hereditary problems with cholesterol, but actually the hyperthyroid state does tend to lower a person’s cholesterol levels. You may find that yours raise quite a bit once you are euthyroid. I was really proud of my low chlolesterol when I had undiagnosed Graves’ disease. My diet and other health habits are now above repoach, yet I doubt my cholesterol is nearly that low. I’m going to check it out soon.

Dianne W

Anonymous

Hi Lin, I’m really sorry that you seem to have a doctor that is unfeeling about your Graves, I can’t imagine having that as well as the disease. There are no where near as many men here as women you are right, but the ones here do understand how you feel, if this disease has done anything positive for me it has allowed me to read comments from many women like you who have problems with males not understnding. When I hear comments like that I almost feel ashamed to be male. Just know that at least the Graves males here understand how you feel with docs, heck I have a female endo, she raked me over the coals yesterday about my wieght, see my previous post, just what I wanted to hear from her. Anyway LinW accept a big cyberhug coming your way from a man who if he doesn’t understand is sure trying hard. Good luck.Keith

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.