Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Grave’s has such a multitude of “delightful” symptoms that its hard to pick a “favorite”, but my vote for most frustrating has to go to mental fog , brain drain, or whatever the term or the day for it is.

I am a high school teacher and I cannot begin to describe how frustrating it is to be presenting a lesson and have my mind go COMPLETELY BLANK. I have lost my train of thought mid-paragraph, mid-sentence, and sometimes even mid-word. Material that I know as well as I know my own name has become like some alien language to me. Fortunately, my students and colleagues have been really understanding about this. I have also been very open about my illness and its symptoms which I think has helped. I have done this not only to help them understand why I am acting even weirder than normal. but to educate them about Grave’s Disease.

Also, under the guise of the cloud’s silver lining, I have also become much more appreciative of the struggles of my students who deal with attention deficit disorder or various learning disabilities. If nothing else, Grave’s has been a real eye-opener. No pun intended.

Anonymous

I am a teacher too – special ed, and I really relate to your story. I however have told little if any of my illness as far as staff go. I’m a tad worried about that. hat did your colleagues say??? what about your boss???? My kids don’t have the ability to see any difference though.
        Val

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.