Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Karen, I’m really moved by who you are with your disease and your life. I got a chill reading your post. Yes, it’s totally insane how much this disease has contributed to the quality of my life also.

I even have all of you to listen to me! What a gift

Bruce

Anonymous

Thanks Bruce for your reminder to us all that quality of life goes on despite the circumstances. And the quality can be under our control. Another flower child here, too. I agree Trish, that GD has been a blessing. You really find out about yourself when you have to. Yesterday my big family had our Christmas dinner and celebration (we do it when it fits all the schedules and travel and vacation times) and someone asked us all to say the best thing that happened to us this past year, and I immediately thot about my mom’s stroke, how awful that was, the legal battles, the ugly divorce, and GD, and thot, boy, a challenge to come up with something. I right away realized that I was happier than I have been in a long time, that I was closer and loved my family more than ever, that I had renewed links with friends, that I am living a healthy lifestyle and liking it, and am in more control of my life than ever. I saw myself when you wrote about the affirmations you have in your house, Trish…one that I have on taped (low tech magic tape) on the frame of my computer: NO WHINEING . No, I cannot blame my spelling on GD. I did something scary for me yesterday, too. I had decided to start Weight Watchers next Monday, and that wasn’t scary, & I had done that about 3 years ago and think a lot of there program, works for me…but the scary thing is that I bought a membership in a gym and did my first workout with those crazy machines. I liked it. I always referred to myself as a creampuff. I am not going to call myself a creampuff any more. That sounds like the word “victem” in the same sense that Bruce just elucidated. Happy Holidays Karen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.