Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

“A lot of my anxiety stems from being concerned about what if I do not feel well, and what if no one can help. “

I started getting those when my meds changed, well, right before. Just anxiety over similiar feelings. I know I plan on talking to my doctor about it if it doesn’t pass. I am getting better physically I think but I think I’ll know when my mentality has gone back to where it was, does that make sense. Ah, I hate being older and more aware of what is happening to me. I liked it when mom and dad hid the depth of my problems! lol ;) It was just easier I guess being younger? Thanks for writing back.

Anonymous

That does make sense; you will know when you are okay and when you are not. At first, I admit that it is hard to tell because Graves is a completely new thing for all of us. But, after a while, you know a lot of the time when you feel like yourself and when you do not. You also start to know how to deal with it then too.

As far as it being easier when you are younger,I think sometimes yes and sometimes no. I think it really depends on the person and their life situation. I found out I had Graves ten months ago, and I am now going on 28. I do not have a family to worry about ( it would be hard on them; I know that). I do have a very demanding job where I work 50-55 hours a week, and I also do a lot of volunteer work. Sometimes, I have had to cut back on certain acitivities because I am just too tired to do them. Someone else might have to quit eeverything completely, or maybe they would not have. Some people may have a family and need help from their spouse or friends. Others may be just fine or find a way to work with it.

No matter how old we get or what we do, we always want someone to be there if we need help. One of the hardest for me to do sometimes is ask for help. Do not feel bad if you do need to ask family and friends for that. You would do the same for them.

Hope some of this makes sense. Take care.

Anonymous

Absolutely, I understand what you’re saying. At this point, I am almost out of college, engaged (been with my high school sweetheart for five years) and want to eventually have a family. But, I go through those times too when I can’t do anything and just need someone. My fiance has been THE GREATEST. He has been so willing to learn everything about it. Lately with my problems he is always so concerned. It is hard to tell someone…. hey I am having these feelings…. because then I think I’m weird BUT I do try. I’ve had to cut back on work as of late because of everything but we all do what we can. Not to mention, I have the GREATEST parents on earth. Without them, I wouldn’t be okay. :) So, at least I know I have the support system I need which I think everyone does whether it be friends or a support group like this. Especially when the people you tell at home don’t exactly know what to do or think…. here…. you get a variety of opinions and even shared experiences. :)

Anonymous

If your dose of levoxyl has been too high, the only way to feel better is to lower the dose and wait. Technically it has made you a little hyperthyroid, so the treatment “options” would be the same as for Graves’ ~ except that you know it’s because you’ve been taking too much Levoxyl, so no other treatment would be necessary than to lower the dose and wait. It can take up to six weeks for your body to fully adjust to a new dose, but in the interim you should feel small improvements each day.

Best of luck to you,
            Ski
            NGDF Assistant Online Facilitator

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.