Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kelly,

I forgot to mention, also base your decision on if you are having eye
      dryness or eye bulging. Have your Endo measure your eyes during your
      next appointment. Having RAI, will hopefully help your eye problems, as
      RAI helped mine.

Moni

Anonymous

Kelly:

That’s a good question! Why did I choose RAI after responding so quickly to meds. Well, I think I just wanted it over and done with and I heard that hormone replacement is much easier to monitor and deal with than the anti-thyroid drugs. The drugs left a very strange taste in my mouth and my entire system; I would have to be on the drugs for a long time; they have their own side-effects; I was crashing to bad on them I knew that, for me, staying level would be difficult and require lots of blood tests and trips to the doctor (I’m too busy to deal with all that!); I didn’t like the fact that if you are on those drugs that every time you get a fever you have to worry about white blood count; and, overall, I felt pretty crappy on those anti-thyroid meds–people started to ask me if I was on some kind of drug–I was so sleepy and droopy and I had to set my alarm to take my nightly dosage–I felt like I was on some heavy duty drugs. I couldn’t stay up past 8:00 pm Not the kind of life I wanted. So I decided just to do RAI and then get leveled off on hormone replacement in hopes that my life would be more on the “normal” side. I like what people on this BB say about everyone is different and needs to make their own decision that is right for them. THIS IS SO TRUE! If you are not ready to make the decision, and your doctor says you can continue on your current treatment, then maybe you should give it some time.

Hope you are doing well! Lauren ;)

Anonymous

I, too, am one of the unfortunate ones who have managed to gain weight in spite of being very hyper. At work today we were discussing diets and we started talking about Slim-Fast. Can I say that? Well, I guess I just did! I’m sorry if I can’t, but this isn’t a bash, just a question. Someone said there was seaweed in it, but we couldn’t tell for sure from the label. Am wondering if anyone has tried it and had any adverse effects from quantities of iodine in it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.