Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,
      I don’t know if this will help much but I had the RAI drink 9-ml. in October of 1996. What I remember was a small clear liquid with no taste and as I sucked it through a straw they added water to ensure I took it all! They informed me that dose was equivalant to the radiation I would be exsposed to on two air plane rides. The only down fall I seen to it was that my urine was alittle painful for a day or two. I dont know why…. Hope this helps….
      TroyBoy
      All my prayers…..

Anonymous

I had my RAI two weeks ago. I had no side effects at all. I went in and swallowed a capsule with a cup of water. The doctor backed up a few feet and stayed in the room to chat with me. They kept me there for ten minutes or so and then let me leave. It was like swallowing a vitamin. I went home and cleaned my house and watched movies, read books, etc for a few days. Now I’m back to work. No changes yet and no effects from the radiation capsule. (I did not glow in the dark, attract metal objects to my neck, bend spoons into odd shapes, or make small birds fall out of the trees!). Good luck. Bring a stuffed animal with you if it helps! E-mail if you want–you’re not alone.

Anonymous

Hi all, I am very nervous, I’m getting my RAI done on Monday! Please someone tell me what to expect. Is it as quick as it was taking the pills for the scan? Do I just go in, take pills and leave, that’s it? I know I will need blood work regularly. The Doc said to take my tapazole again after 2 days, and I stopped taking it yesterday to prepare. I am also nervous about how that is going to affect me. Did anyone have side effects from RAI? Anyone please explain what is going to happen.

Luckily my boss gave me the week off to saty home and relax. Wish me luck!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.