Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Marimac,

Your question wasn’t directed for my attention but I thought I would respond regarding RAI. I chose RAI, which may or may not be the right answer for you. I had a weight problem before RAI. While hyper, I did lose a lot of weight. When I went hypo, I gained a bit of that back. I did not get close to my weight at my first Graves appointment. What I gained back was due to rebuilding muscle tone that I had lost. Muscle weighs more than fat. I’m now below my pre-Graves weight and working on the weight that I had pre-Graves. I just wanted you to know that not everyone gains weight with RAI.

As to how I feel, it was a constant improvement. Sure some days are better than others. I was hyperthyroid for a long time. My body had some repairs to make. The RAI didn’t make me sick. The high levels of thyroid hormones made me sick. What made me well was to get my levels more normal. By whichever option you choose, you will feel better once you get your levels closer to normal.

Linette

Anonymous

I was wondering why you stayed on meds for 3 years and did you levels keep going up and down? I have been on meds since Septemper and every month my levels change. If I take 2 pills it goes hypo and when I take 1 it goes hyper. Now I take 1 1/2 and had my levals taken yesterday. I decided to have RAI in June because of this. I am staring to rethink my decision because it seems like everyone feels lousy and gains a ton of weight.What made you decide to have the RAI after 3 yers? I look forward to you answer.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.