Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Has anyone experienced a pulmonary embolism around the time your Graves symptoms appeared? I had a PE 12/2020, had tachycardia, left scapula pain, low back pain and persistent headaches before I went to ER and was diagnosed. A day or two later I had slight hand tremor, pretty rapid weight loss that finally plateaued in May, extremity weakness, stiffness, puffy eyes, tachycardia. The headaches also continued. Went to a lot of doctors and finally a thyroid test 5 months later. I have Graves, celiac and TED (mild at thus time). I did learn I have a genetic mutation prothrombin which makes one more susceptible to clot. I have no other risk factors.

I read in the 2016 American Thyroid guidelines Kimberly posted at page 1348 that thyrotoxicosis is associated with all of these symptoms including embolic events. My endo (and all the other doctors) do not have an interest in determining whether one caused the other. I do because I would like to feel comfortable getting off blood thinners if I know the cause. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.