Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I know there is a number of people on here who are pregnant or who are trying to get pregnant. From what I know (what I was told since I just had my baby 6 weeks ago, I thought I might let y’all know), you should not try to breastfeed if you are on medications (except inderal is supposed to be ok) and try to breastfeed. Supposedly, PTU and Tapazole can be passed through breastmilk. You SHOULD NOT take Tapazole if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. I asked to be switched b/c I hated the taste of PTU and my repoductive endocrinologist (doc with a dual speciality is ob/gyn and endrocrinology) said that he would not switch me to Tapazole. I asked why. He said that Tapazole has a tendency to burn off the baby’s skin in the womb and either you can miscarry or your baby can be born without skin. Needless to say, I stayed on PTU. Still, some doctors will let you stay on Tapazole while pregnant; my suggestion is have them switch you to PTU, because I would think you want your baby to be born with skin. I never had problems with being on PTU during pregnancy (other than the taste) and PTU hasn’t shown any adverse affects in the womb for the fetus. Anyways, I thought I would let y’all know that, just incase you did not know!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.