Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

What a great story. Better than mine. I would of had to tell her off
      right from the start. I’m glad that she got fired. It’s amazing to me
      that these doctors don’t have a clue as to what goes on in their office.
      Usually, it’s these “receptionists” that are the worst! Like they are on
      a pedistil. I wonder who puts them there. l

Anonymous

I know what you mean about being frustrated. My pregnancy went well for the most part, but I did have frustrations. Like, when I moved to Oklahoma from Ohio in late July. I didn’t have insurance so I had to apply for title 19/medicare for pregnant women. I could not find a doctor who would take me with title 19. Finally, someone tells me about this clinic. So, I call (by the time I heard of it, it was mid-August) this clinic and tell the lady I have Graves Disease and am 5 months pregnant. The first appointment she will give me is September 23. When I go there, I start to ask the receptionist something and she tells me to put my name on a list and she will speak with me in a moment. A moment turned out to be over an hour. Then she calls me and asks for proof that I am pregnant. I give her ultrasound photos from June that I had taken in Ohio. That isn’t good enough for her. She informs me that I need to see my family doctor (I hadn’t one in Oklahoma) and have a pregnancy test done and then reschedule my appointment. The next appointment she told me I could have was in 4 weeks. I told her I was POSITIVE I was pregnant. She asked how. I hadn’t had my period for 6 months, I had been throwing up at least 3-4 times a week for 6 months, I was having strong food cravings/afversions, and I was feeling what felt like a little roadrunner moving about my stomach. She informed me that there are other possible medical reasons for this. I personally don’t know of any, but I guess she does. So, then she says I am not large enough to be pregnant. As we all know GD makes you lose weight, so I wasn’t particularly large. Then she makes me lift my shirt to the top of my my belly to prove I had one. She informs me it looks like “just a little fat.” The other people in the waiting room were upset about the way I was being treated so finally, because everyone was talking about her rudeness, she lets me see a nurse. The nurse never doubted I was pregnant. On my way out, the receptionist gives me another appointment in 3 weeks, reminding me to have a pregnancy test done before. Friday morning, my nurse called and said she spoke to the OB/GYN-endocrinologist and made me an appointment for Monday morning, when all the high-risk patients are seen. Monday, I show up and the receptionist asked what I was doing there. I informed her I had an appointment with Dr. Cox. She said, “Noone cleared this with me! You still need to have a pregnancy test done!” I still saw the doctor and he found a fetal heart rate of 156 BPM. So, on my way out, she told me that I needed to have my pregnancy test done for her records. I replied,”Dr.Cox found a fetal heart rate of 156, but I guess there are other reasons that there is that phenonmenon, right?” She said, “You don’t need to be rude about it!” and I went on my merry way. She did get fired the next week for too many patient complaints. From then on, I never had a problem and saw my doctor every week.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.