Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anybody have a list of sites which treat this exact question.

Anonymous

Did anyone ever find out any direct links between infertility and graves?
        Thanks

Anonymous

Hi, Tracie:

I do not have any “links” in cyberspace that address this issue. There may be some, but I don’t know them. However, in the resource books I have on thyroid problems, there is usually a brief discussion of the issue. I have Sara Rosenthal’s THYROID SOURCEBOOK, THE THYROID BOOK by Martin Surks, M.D., and YOUR THYROID by Cooper et al. While my endocrinology text does have a few pages on infertility, thyroid hormone imbalance is NOT listed as a cause, even though the other books I mentioned say it can have an INFLUENCE.

I don’t know if this helps, Tracie, but these books (or similar ones) are available at bookstores, or probably in the local library as well, if you want to check them out.

Good luck,

Bobbi

Anonymous

I knew I had seen something. The aace.com American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists has some info. Go under Clinical Guidelines – there it says one of the symptoms MAY be impaired fertility and farther down it talks about Hyperthyrodism during pregnancy. Actually there is a lot of good information on this site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.