Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Had TT on November 7th. So far so good except having some elevated BP. Usual BP in the 110/60-70 range. Yesterday and today 158/85- 134/77. Is this to be expected post-op? Have placed a call to my endo and cardiologist. I have lost the fluids from surgery so I don’t think that’s the problem, nor is pain.
      Thanks, will appreciate hearing other’s experiences with this.

emmtee

After I had my TT, I was feeling a little hyper and I asked my surgeon about it. She said that she had to squeeze my thyroid a little during the surgery, and this releases a little surge of hormone. She said the symptoms would pass in a couple of days, and they did. That may help explain your elevated BP, but it’s been more than a couple of days since your surgery now.

Have you already started on thyroid hormone replacement? It takes a couple of weeks for your body to use up the hormone that’s already in your system, so if you are taking replacement hormone as well (as is often the case) you’ve got thyroid hormone from two sources. I didn’t start on my levothyroxine until a week after my TT, which I think was actually due to a miscommunication. When I called and asked about getting my prescription, they called it in to the pharmacy right away.

Evelyn

Thank you! Yes, I started my replacement thyroid the day after surgery. I hope you are doing well.

Liz1967

I didnt start levothyroxine until four days postop. You always release hormone with manipulation of the thyroid so they usually hold off on replacement for a few days. I didnt check my blood pressure during that time as I felt fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.