Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I was first diagnosed with Graves Disease 3 years ago. My primary symptom was fib. I was treated with Methimazole which worked over many months. It was tapered and then stopped in March 2021 when my blood levels remained good. Then I suffered a relapse this past fall (2021) I am 80 years old and just completed the radioactive iodine treatment a week ago. I understand that it may be weeks before I feel fully back to myself. My pulse rate is now lower but I still have an unsettling experience in my body. I don’t feel fully grounded and my balance is not good. Has anyone else had this symptom?

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – We’re fellow patients here, but hopefully, you will get some additional responses. I’m not familiar with balance as a typical post-RAI issue, so would suggest reporting this to your doctor. Hopefully, others will chime in here as well. You can also join our Facebook group (go to Facebook, search for @GDATF, and then click “Join Group” in the top right-hand corner of the screen. That group is much more active than this one right now.

As you noted, it can take some time for the RAI to do its work, but if you start to feel hypOthyroid symptoms come one (fatigue, weight gain, cold intolerance, constipation, etc.), before your next followup appointment, definitely let your doctor know so that you can get labs done.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.