Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey, Bruce,

Glad to hear that you’re doing ok. Hope all continues to go well
      for you.

Regards to Gizmo!

Anonymous

I had my tear ducts plugged off yesterday permanently. There are two ducts on each eye, an upper and lower, that drain off the tears from your eye into the nose. The lower ones drain 80% of the tears off so he just sealed those ones to see if that does the trick.

The procedure didn’t take more than 5 minutes for him to do. It did involve a needle in the corner of the eye to deaden it which was not fun but no worse than getting a tooth worked on and much quicker. The duct openings were then cauterized to close them with scar tissue. I was able to drive myself home with no problem at all.

Seems to be working! Bruce

Anonymous

My ophthalmologist told me that if the eye drops he gave me weren’t sufficient to keep my eyes moist that there is a procedure available that implants a small silicone pellet in or near your tear duct. It’s supposed to reduce moisture lost to drainage. Has anyone had this done and has it been successful?

Anonymous

Hi Linda

The Ophthalmologist can put temporary plugs in all four ducts (upper and lower on each side) to see how it works for you. They will last a couple of days before dissolving. They worked great for me so I went for the permanent procedure a couple of weeks ago.

My doc choses to do the cauterizing method of closing off the ducts as he says it is better. I am really pleased with the results and haven’t had to use drops or ointment in weeks now.

Bruce

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.