Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Joanie, good Lord, I post the above the message and then your post appears… how interesting. I had RAI in 10/96. My thyroid was 4 and 1/2 times the normal size and my uptake test was 44. My endo gave me a massive dosage of radiation with the goal of quickly and completely destroying my thyroid. It was given as two capsules filled with radioactive kosher salt. Reactions – I had a slight nausea off and on for several hours which may have been caused by the treatment or my state of mind. I had a salty, metallic taste in my mouth for about 2 weeks which increased when I coughed. My lips had a slight burn and sting for aweek. My devoted husband made the mistake of giving me a quick kiss immediately following my ingestion of RAI – his lips swelled slightly for a few hours. The following day I could not move and called off from work. Spent the day in bed in fetal position in an exhausted stupor. Was told this was “all in my head”. Felt ok to go to work the next day. Those were the reactions I remember. Another woman who got the treatment as I did vomited immediately after. I did not experience the symptoms you mentioned in your earlier post. PLEASE call your doctor and advise her/him of your reaction.

Anonymous

I have posted 2 questions regarding post RAI symptons. I thank the two of you who responded to me. Does anyone else have anything to share with me, or is everyone too busy arguing with Tom to answer me?

This will be my last post, and I am seriously going to consider not visiting here again. I am looking for help, and the only posts I have read today are about Tom. Good luck to everyone, I wish you all better health.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.