Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – Pricing is a real challenge for any procedure, as there can be huge swings between the insurer’s discount and the full price. Hopefully, someone who has had OD will be able to chime in here. Wishing you all the best!

tajkoont

Hi there – I am in the same boat as you. I have not scheduled as I am also waiting for more information about the outpatient center/anesthesiologist as I could have to pay two deductibles (in network and out of network). Please, please please let me know if you get any additional information.

Also – very curious to know how your surgery goes. Would love to discuss your experience.

tajkoont

Kimberly,

After going through and understanding all of the billing for my orbital decompression – I don’t think I can afford an out of network physician that doesn’t bill even for out of network. Is there a resource to find another great surgeon? I am seriously bummed…

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks – Tania Osborn

Liz1967

I had my orbital decompressions done by Dr Douglas at Kellogg Eye in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We met his fellow, Shannon Joseph, who is now an attending surgeon there. Since she trained under Dr Douglas, she most probably does the procedure in the same manner he does and she might be a good choice. We were impressed with her. We drove to Ann Arbor from Cincinnati. You are close to Indianapolis and I know Dr Douglas recommended a surgeon there for emergency follow up should I need it after his move. You might ask his office who he recommends in Indianapolis, I forgot the name he gave us. I email Dr Douglas with any issues and that has worked well so have not needed to see anyone else.

tajkoont

Thank you! I appreciate your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.