Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I checked the underwriting guidebook while I was employed at a life and
      disability insurer and they will not give life or disability insurance
      until the condition is under control. It’s probably easiest to get
      insurance two years after treatment than immediately upon diagnosis.
      You kind of have to prove you don’t need life insurance and aren’t in
      immediate danger to get it.

Anonymous

I wish something like this had existed when I was diagnosed – what a great help it would have been. For all of you newly diagnosed people – it DOES get better, but, unfortunately it will affect you for the rest of your life. My synthroid dosage has had to be changed 2 or 3 times since I was initially stabilized. It is important to make sure that your thyroid levels are monitored regularly, because they can and do change. I have never had the energy (or slimness) that I had pre-Graves. I also have battled depression on and off over the years and was told by doctors that it was unrelated to Graves’ Disease but never believed that. You have all reinforced this. During the last year, my eyes have really begun to bother me and I am now seeing an opthamologist who is monitoring the situation. One problem I have run into, is difficulty obtaining health, life and disability insurances. My advice is sign up for all of it immediately upon employment with a new company or they may decline your application at a later date.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.