Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Kendra! Welcome to our GD family! I guess I call it a family because I’m in contact with this support group more than my own family. Here you will find good advice, good sources of info, a sounding board and shoulders to cry on, and sometimes even some good humor! :)

Many of us understand where you’ve been and possibly where you’re headed. It would be worth your time to read old posts and reach out to those people who seem to share like symptoms and frustrations. So far, I haven’t had to personally deal with the weight gain and depression. I can only imagine how rough some days are for you. Other people have talked about meditation, changes in their diet, and visiting their endo for medication adjustments.

There are answers out there, and there is always HOPE! If you haven’t already, contact the National Graves’ Disease Foundation and visit their site. Their URL is at the top of this BB. They have other links to GD info, also.

Wishing you happiness and energy! Debby

Anonymous

I’m new to the bulletin board. I can’t get my medecine regulated, Ialso suffer from clinical depression ,migraine,and infertility. Of course my belly is completely distended so I look 7-8 months pregnant. This is my first time reaching out for support since being diagnosed 4 years ago. Any and all words of wisdom or commiseration would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

Kendra, I too have migraines and have since being diagnoised with GD. I believe I am infertile because of GD. Didn’t know I had this when I was trying to get PG but went through all kinds of test and all test came back normal. Now I find out if you have thyroid problems it can cause infertility. Between my eyes looking baggy and my weight gain it is very depressing esp. when I was pre GD I always looked younger than my age and now I look older than my age. I’m sorry, I am suppose to cheer you up. I am thankful for many things in my life, my family most of all and their support and love. Hang in there!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.