Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Are you sure about your sister having GD AND Hashimoto’s? I don’t
      think it is possible to have both at the same time. She could be hypothyroid
      as a result of any treatment she’s had for the GD, but this isn’t the same
      as Hashimoto’s. What has she been told about this?

Anonymous

As you probably know, I am acting as liason for my sister, who has GD.. She is experiencing dizzy spells now, that she never did in the last 1 1/2 years of having GD.. She almost passed out at work.. And because she seems to look ok, some of her co-workers don’t believe she is really ill..Can’t help that I guess.. People are uncaring sometimes..Question: Are dizzxy spells normal? Is it possibly her medication? And she has terrible ringing of the ears.. I heard this can be medication related.. True? Her Doctor is NO help to her, she (DR.) has so much as said, she is’nt sure of what treatment to use. Due to she has GD and Hoshimoto’s syndrome (together).. She lives in Spokane WA but will travel, if someone can recommend a good Endo we would sure appreciate it.. Seattle, Portland? Northeren Calf? Hell I think at this point, she’d go anywhere to get some results !! Thanks
        Mary

Anonymous

Yes, it is possible to have both and not necessarily at the same time.
          There was even an oddball case of identical twins where one got
          Hashimoto’s and the other got GD.
          Strange things are happening.
          Or as my genetics professor used to say, “It takes all kinds of people
          to make up this world.”.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.