Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone.

Has anyone had ear problems? My ears are killing me. It is two days today that I feel like I’m at the bottom of the ocean. I have allergies … seasonal, molds, pollen, gluten … etc, etc. My ears usually feel like they are a little bit under water but yesterday and today it has gotten A LOT worst. My primary Dr. gave me a Fluticasone nasal spray. I started it yesterday. I have tried peroxide in my ears but has not helped. I’ve noticed that drinking hot water makes it feel a little bit better but it last only a few seconds. I hate having this ears problem on top of the GD stuff. Or is it related? Forgot to mention that I also have a throat nasal drip that has been waking me up at night chocking. Anyway, any thoughts, suggestions?

Thank you for reading me.

Caro :)

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello – I’m not familiar with a specific connection, but have you mentioned the ear issue to your doctor? It looks like you are getting treatment for the allergies, but it’s certainly possible that this is an unrelated issue that you will want to get checked out.

Take care!
        Kimberly

snelsen

I think that you will find that nasal spray will help, if you use it consistently.
          Shirley
          First thing that has helped me.

Alyk

I don’t think it’s related to thyroid disease, but I also have ear problems (and have had them my entire life.) During allergy season (and currently), what you said is exactly the issue I have. My ears just get so clogged, I can’t hear, etc. I take nasonex and patanase. Nasonex is a steroid that helps to shrink the sinuses and is similar to your fluticasone, patanase is an antihistamine. I would ask the doctor to add on an antihistamine spray to help you get cleared up. Before my thyroid issues began, I was able to take Sudafed (the real stuff, not the new version), and it would help, but it has precautions about taking when you have thyroid disease so I would recommend asking your endo before trying it. Hope you get cleared out soon. I know just how frustrating it is! :(

Jules

I dindwhenim hypo that I get ear aches I also had real bad one when hyper. Just as you explain.

Carito71

Hello,

Kimberly, I mentioned it to my primary 2 weeks ago. At the time the problem was not bothering too much and she prescribed Fluticasone. I thought it would clear on it own and so I waiting before using it. Monday when I felt a lot worst, I started using it. I’m trying to get an appt with an ENT right now and I have left my Endo a message letting him know. Thanks.

Shirley, did you have problems with your ears as well? I sure hope it helps. I’ve been on it since Monday. Thanks.

Alyk, thank you for the advise. I used to take Claritin before the thyroid problems were diagnosed but now with GD I can’t. I’ll as about the antihistamine spray Patanase. You are right, Fluticasone is the generic for Nasonex, I believe :) Thanks.

Jules, thank you for letting me know. Hopefully it is not related to being hypo. I’m on a high dose of Methimazole at the moment and even though my #s have decreased a little bit they are probably still pretty high. I have my labs in a couple of weeks though. I would hate to add one more thing to my GD list of issues. Thanks.

Jules

What I ment to say Yeasterday day is I use to get them when I was hyper and I still get them when I am hypo. Mine are def related to my well being on the thyroid hormones. I get less of them being hypo then hyper.

Carito71
                    Jules wrote:
                    What I ment to say Yeasterday day is I use to get them when I was hyper and I still get them when I am hypo. Mine are def related to my well being on the thyroid hormones. I get less of them being hypo then hyper.

I see.

snelsen wrote:
                    I think that you will find that nasal spray will help, if you use it consistently.
                    Shirley
                    First thing that has helped me.

I have been on the Nasal Spray for a couple of weeks now and I feel better. Not 100% well but better.

:)

PolishTym

A friend of mine had similar ear problems. The doctor, quite the elder, intentionally scraped his ear or something, and it later started bleeding and my friend freaked out. So he went to an ENT in Israel while visiting his mother. The doc there was shocked at the story, and told my friend he needed a surgery for a deviated septum. He got it done, and no more problems. That convinced me to get mine done and it improved. My allergies are bad so it didn’t completely take care of things, but it helped.

Long story, but did you get your nose checked out for this?

Carito71

Hello PolishTym,

So glad your friend got things settled. In Israel? They have good Drs. there. No, actually I haven’t but now that you mention it, I will. Thank you for the advice. My allergies are really bad too. I’m glad it helped you some. Thanks again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.