Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Jackie

Just call the closest Social Security office for info on SS disability, they can get you the forms. Also, depending on your income, you can get some assistance from Medicaid (Medi Cal here in CA) it is administered locally so you will have to check with local social services agencies.

Bruce

Anonymous

Hi, Can anyone tell me how disability works? I have not worked in over
        3 years. would I still qualify? Im having a hard time getting the
        information I need from the “system” thanks, Jackie

Anonymous

Well, at least I can say that I have an unusual case of something.

Oh, want to give a person uncontrollable gas? My mother did this:

1/4 c shredded Daikon(Japanese radish)
          2 TBSP ginger
          1 CUP hot water
          1/4 tsp soy sauce

Pour hot water on all of above and drink while hot. Wait for a day to have the stomach start to act up.. actually, I didn’t feel a thing.. I just started to pass sooo much gas.. I t was embarassing! I had to remove myself from the class (night class)
          five separate times! Another lady in class kept sneezing at the gas! I told my mother this and she couldn’t stop laughing.

Anonymous

was down till i read

you crack me up !

love ,steve

Anonymous

My mother keeps on reading these ‘new’ types of remedies for what ails us. It’s the other side of ‘alternative medicine’. You see, i have a weird problem that affects the back muscles. My mother read in her book that the stuff on the previous post is supposed to help with those symptoms .. I better give more inf.. back the truck up here!

Okay, you know about restless leg syndrome… now picture the same kinds of symptoms , but in the back muscles instead of the leg. That’s what I’m feeling now. My mother, as I said earlier, is trying to help me through “ancient asian ways” because they have been there for centuries.. that is the medical recipes for certain common ailments. This was one of those experiments that sort of ‘backfired’
              (sorry for the pun). I am on tylenol 3 right now and having serious side effects. I switched to a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication that seems to help, but I can’t take it forever. So, that’s why I used this stuff.

As for why a person would want to give someone ‘gas’.. well, my mother has a friend who comes into our house every other week for one day, and I can’t stand when she lies about things and my mother gets so upset afterwards. I tried to tell my other to stop seeing her, but she told me to ‘butt out’ and I did. This lady needs this stuff.. her mouth is too big, better let the other end say something!

Well, gotta run now.
              Ann

Anonymous

Sorry for all the posts but I just got back to the BB after five days. I am on disability from my employers insurance company for my Graves Eye disease. When I was completing the paper work I was told that I also had to apply to the Canadian Pension Plan for disability. I was also told by my office and the insurance company that it was highly unlikely I would receive any benefits from the government because you had to be on your deathbed before they paid out. I have been getting cheques from the insurance company and had forgotten the whole thing. Then yesterday I received a letter from CPP Disability Benefits saying I had been accepted and would received cheques back dated until July. Now these payments are less than the ones from the insurance company so I have to advise the insurance company of the amount and that amount will be deducted from their cheques. I should end out with the same payments but from two different sources. The thing I am getting at is – I have been accepted for disability benefits from not one but two sources. I think this is a positive that both have accepted Graves Eye Disease as being a disability. Of course anyone suffering from this disease knows it is a disability but those of you having trouble getting disability payments should push a little harder. It seems there are people out there that realise what a debilitating disease this is. Good Luck. SAS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.