Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I really need help finding information in Canada for people with graves. I realize this is an American Forum, but I was hoping someone on here is from BC, Canada and could point the way.

I’ll tell you more tomorrow, I need to try and sleep.

~Naisly

Jules

If I remember correctly there are a few Canadians on here. Hopefully they will chime in.

Kimberly
        Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome! One of our facilitators, James, is from Canada, so hopefully, he will chime in.

I’m not aware of an organization specific to Graves’, but there is a Thyroid Foundation of Canada:

(Note on links: if you click directly on the following link, you will need to use your browser’s “back” button to return to the boards after viewing, or you will have to log back in to the forum. As an alternative, you can right-click the link and open it in a new tab or new window).

http://www.thyroid.ca/

Also, one of the attendees at last year’s GDATF conference in Boston blogs about her personal experiences, and she might have some additional suggestions:

http://www.rayannesthoughts.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps!

snelsen

I am pretty sure I remember a couple people from Canada in the fairly recent past. Try putting Victoria,B.C. in the search engine. I think one of them is from there, and mentioned it in a post.
            Shirley

adenure

VanIsle gal or girl?? I think she’s a frequent poster. I believe she’s contemplating surgery or RAI at this point.

Alexis

Stephanie

Hi Naisly,

I am from BC. I have tried searching for support groups in the lower mainland but was unable to find any. Im not on here very regularly but will try to PM you my email address.

Naisly

Thank you. I will be sure to send you a message.

~Naisly

MaryI

Hi, I am from the interior of BC and see an Endo at VGH/UBC health sciences. I believe that he is very knowledgable and he is kind. Still, I learn so much more about the symptom side from this forum than from any other source. The Endo is more focused on the labs than how I feel. I have looked for other sources of Graves education, but this forum is simply the best.
                    I would be interested in communicating with others in BC, especially in reference to the surgeons & doctors with lots of Graves experience.
                    I will send you a private message.
                    Mary

jaqeinquotation

Hi Im from Canada-Brampton Ontario and there is absolutely nothing here. I wish there was more of a support group here but until then this forum is amazing!!!!

VanIsleGal

Hi Naisly!

I live in Victoria! Are you on the island or mainland? I haven’t found better online info than what is on this forum. Also I have received a ton of support here…way more than I did in person attending a fibromyalgia support group in North Vancouver years ago! As many people say, this forum is awesome!

I have a great endocrinologist who I saw today! I have had Grave’s 3 times now and have had 3 endocrinologists all on the island, 2 in Nanaimo and 1 in Victoria.

I just booked for RAI today after seeing the surgeon and deciding against the risks. Also I can have the RAI within the month whereas surgery would be probably a year away and the Tapazole really bothers me since I take 40mg a day. I want off Tapazole and I want my life back!

Private message(pm) me if you want or write on the forum and pm me so I know to have a look! I hope you are doing okay! xoxo

emysmith10

Hello I live in Victoria BC and see an Endo here who seems to know his stuff but as far as support groups I have not heard of any. this forum is very informative and becasue I forget everything I need to keep visiting more often.
                          good luck in your search.
                          Best of health to you all.
                          Emy:)

maryrenvall

Wow ,what a time you have had . I’m from B.C .I have had excellent treatment and can give you the names of some really good Endo’s .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.