Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

shannon dianne jan luci debbie jeannette juls,bebe sue em peggy
      sheila,lynn,pam,ann,peggy,tammy,donna,red,val,jean,joan oh gee i forget so many of you , sorry jeanette i know i spelled your name wrong well its 3 am i cant sleep im crazy steve and wishing all of you ladies
      a happy valentines day , to your men spoil them rotten or i will steal them away . :)

steve

Anonymous

I’ve had trouble sleeping ever since I was born, (according to my parents)but things have really escalated this past year. My diagnosis of Graves came about as a result of fainting at shcool and being taken to the emergency room of the local hospital. I thought, as did my parents, that the faint was do to my mitral valve prolapse problem. However, what we found out, after some blood test were performed, was that I have Graves’ disease. From what I have learned so far, that might explain why I wake up 4-5 times a night and am lucky to get 3 hours of sleep. This is a real problem when your only 16 years old and have to stay alert in classes. In addition to the sleep problems, I also have problems with hair falling out, brown spots on my lower legs, irregular periods, etc.. I have been on Tapazole 10mg 2x daily for about 1-month and the latest blood test, according to my doctor, indicates that the hormone level is about where it should be. Unfortunately, I don’t feel any better. I would appreciate any suggestions on the sleep issue and any other words of advice or encouragement.

Anonymous

Its strange to read these notes and realize how much their symptoms match your own symptoms. I NEVER realized that my insomnia had anything to do with a serious medical problem such as GD. (nor did I realize that my really bad irregular periods, dizzy spells, shakey hands, etc had anything to do with it either) For the past few months I have been taking an over-the-counter “natural” sleep aid called Melatonine. I started taking it since I ran out of Xanax (I HATE to fly) Melatonine makes me sleepy, relaxed and does not leave me groggy the next day. I asked my Dr. it it was ok for me to take. I have a mild (please god) case of GD. Just diagnosed last week ! Good luck to you- Sweet dreams.
          Pattie (sleepy in NJ but I’ve got to write out my bills yet !)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.