Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism 14 months ago. I was put on medication (Levothyroxin 125mcg) I was also given one dose of radioactive iodine treatment. I honestly feel worse today from the day I was diagnosed. The only thing I can say has been better is my heart beat. I have gained about 50 pounds I am always sleepy and tired hardly eat and when I do I literally have to stop to use the restroom. My face is double the size my eyes are pooping out I’m ALWAYS. Has anyone else been through this and if so when does it get better because I’ve been in treatment for over a year. PLEASE HELP

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – We are fellow patients here, but a couple of thoughts…

1. Definitely see an experienced ophthalmologist to get your eyes checked out. Your doctor might have a suggestion for a referral, but this site also has a good search engine where you can find a doctor near you. (It’s specifically for surgeons, *but* these docs tend to have more expertise with thyroid eye disease.)

https://www.asoprs.org/index.php?option=com_mcdirectorysearch&view=search&id=12029#/

2. You deserve to get your quality of life back! Please document all of the symptoms that you mentioned and take them back to your doctor (endo or primary care physician). An updated set of labs would also be helpful. For people who are feeling well post-RAI, TSH alone is fine, but since you are having symptoms, it would make sense to see where your Free T4 and T3 are. A second opinion can be helpful if your doctor isn’t taking your concerns seriously.

Wishing you all the best!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.