Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I had my thyroid out a month ago but the emotional aspects of Graves have hit me hard. Have been mistreated so it’s been going on for years. He’s out of energy, has felt unsupported emotionally for a long time. We talk about how hard it is for him but I can’t keep it together, feel horrible, and don’t know how not to make it about me once that happens. I don’t know how to make it up to him, I don’t know how to fix it. I’m getting treatment, my levels are almost normal, but the guilt and anxiety have built up and are so bad and I don’t know how to make it better.

Please tell me stories of repair. I can usually see a path forward but the light at the end of this tunnel is getting so small. I just want to be there for him and I don’t know how with Graves around. :(

Kimberly
      Online Facilitator

Hello and welcome – hopefully, others will chime in here, and you might also check out our Facebook group, which is more active. From our main page, click “join group” in the top right-hand corner of the screen, and answer the 3 new member questions:

https://www.facebook.com/GDATF/

Honestly, at this point, I would give you the old advice about putting on your *own* oxygen mask before assisting others. Graves’ takes a toll both emotionally and physically, and you need some time to heal. If your partner might be interested in taking some time to learn more about Graves’ disease, this video might be of interest:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.