Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dear Lynn,

When you go back to your doc or perhaps a new doc, ask him to check out your hormone levels. I heard that unapposed estrogen caused Graves in some cases. I have no progesterone in my system, & am having that corrected. (I’m doing other things too ) I do feel better, but with the weight gain it might be worth looking at. As for the moodiness, I have had good success with meditation for that & depression. (to those of your whose docs have said depression isn’t part of Graves disease, I say if it looks like a duck & walks like a duck it’s a duck.)

Also, I learned a trick from my doc: put saran wrap over your eyes at nite (kind of tape it onto your eybrows & under your eyes so its like a sealed halloween mask.

Speaking of Halloween, with Graves disease don’t you think we could have an international Graves day symposium Oct 31?

It’s good somtimes to just vent our anger. Everyone here certainly understands, & the best thing is that we are here helping, each in our own way. Good to have you aboard. I’m so glad that Jake started it.Thanks Jake! Karen B

Anonymous

Jake,

As someone who did go back and read the first six months of messages, I feel grateful to have had so many of my questions answered. THank you for your story and for sharing your worst fear and its realization with us. WHen I first read about someone taping their eyes shut at night, I thought I could NEVER, how horrible. Then you reach it, deal with it, and see what’s next. Thanks for leading the way. Mary

Anonymous

Thank you Jake for such a great explanation on Graves Disease. Two years ago this month I was diagnosed with Graves and yes it has been a battle. I have stated many times before that I wish I would have found this site two years ago as it holds a lot of info and you don’t feel alone in this world of GD.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.