Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody
      I am very happy today. The reason is because my doctor called me today. He’s never called me before, only his nurse. So today he himself called me, and I am happy. Why would I be happy about this, you ask? Well, I’ll tell you. Because for 3 or 4 weeks I have been sick, and I thought I was having symptoms like I was hyper, but I had also gained weight and have thought I might be going mad, simply mad. So it took me 2 weeks to get in to the doctor and then it’s been a week and a half and I hadn’t heard anything about my levels. So I called and left a message yesterday, and I said, hey, what about my levels? And I expected either no response or a call from a grumpy nurse telling my my levels are in the mail. But instead, I got a call from the doctor. And he said, you are hypo and you need to STOP taking your PTU RIGHT AWAY, and I definitely want you to see the surgeon ASAP. And I said, great, my appointment is on Friday. And he said good, I have written him a letter so he will have it by the time you get there. And I said good. And that was it. And you see, what seems like a normal conversation between doctor and patient was actually much more than that, it was actually a VALIDATION of everything I have been feeling for more than 3 weeks. And I am extremely happy.

Melanie

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.