Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have just completed about three months ago 10 radiation treatments to my eyes. I had completely blurred vision, not able to drive, read, etc. But about two weeks after treatments, eyes cleared up and I was able to resume normal activity. Now am waiting to see what next step might me. They are talking eyelid surgery, but I can close my eyes to sleep without problem.
      Good luck and have faith, that’s all we can do.

Anonymous

Thisis part of the problem with Graves’ disease. Some doctors say once you have RAI or surgery you no longer have Graves’ disease.

Not true. Graves’ is a cronic illness. It is an autoimmune disease. Just because you remove or disable the thyroid the disease does not go away.

Just read the board. We can see that is not true. There are a few doctors in our local community that think that way. Take the RAI pill and CURED!!

Then a few years later the patients find us and come to a support group meeting. They find they still have Graves’ and things that are going on in their lives is not in their heads.

That is one thing the NGDF does as part of our mission. To educate people with Graves’ disease, their families and the medical community.

There is no cure for autoimmune diseases.

We are only a click away.

Jake
        On-line Faciliator

Anonymous

I didn’t think so from everything that i have read on the subject. I just thought that it was really bad that this famous person is so uninformed about her own medical condition. If that is what she truly had in the first place. I was diagnosed with alot of things before the truth came out of what i really had. Thanks for the info.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.