Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

What is the lymes disease from? Is is a result of any of the thyroid treatment(s)? And shouldn’t you start to lose wieght once you begin taking the synthyroid? I’m starting today and I keep thinking that will be the best effect — I’ll be able to exercise again and actually get results. Not so?????

Anonymous

Lyme’s disease is an inflammatory disease caused by a tick. Ticks are smaller than a pin head, it causes joint pain, flu like symptoms, fatigue, headaches and you could just died you hurt so bad.
        I had the unfortunate part of getting this along with the graves. The Lyme’s and Graves has NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER. I have not had success in losing weight. I keep hoping all of a
        sudden my system will right itself with the thyroxine I am on. Meanwhile I hold my own.
        Marnie, good luck.

Anonymous

Diagnosed January 1996, Radioactive Iodine, Jan. 17, 1996. Hypothyroid April, 1996, on synthroid since. Diagnosed with Lyme’s disease in August, 1996. I finally am feeling very good.
          Energy is back, no fatigue, no depression, but I am not losing any weight. I exercise, eat about 1200 calories a day.
          What’s the problem?
          Should I ask my physician for an appetite supressant? Have other people had this problem? I was very luck to have this diagnosed before it got out of hand.
          I would like some answers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.