Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello, I’m not sure if this is where I come for advice but I would appreciate having
      someone contact me for support.
      I’ve had Grave’s for six years and in my opinion, I feel terrible after all the so called
      treatments and replacement drugs. My health care provider just doesn’t seem to
      understand that this disease has only added to my other medical problems..ie “MD”.
      I tell my Doctor that my eyesight is getting so bad that I can’t read anything without
      reading glasses and that I have such bad headaches, almost on a daily bases.
      Paying a lot of money for health Ins. and I just don’t feel like I’m getting good
      treatment and the Doctors just seem as through they don’t have the time to talk!
      I don’t want to drag this out online but I truly need support as I have no family and
      my life is all but a memory of medical problems which sudden began 12 yrs. ago.
      With Muscular Dystrophy, travel is very hard so I’m rather isolated from consulting
      with other doctors but at this point I’m not sure I want any more drugs or treatments
      as all these procedures have caused so many side-effects that somedays I just pray
      it will all just end!

Anonymous

Hello,
        Have you heard of positive thinking?
        I used to think (and still do) like you do. The
        best thing you can do is start thinking better.
        I personally think that Grave’s affects people
        who are on the negative side of life. In other
        words, laughter and happiness (although
        easier said than done) are the best pills for
        any disease.
        Fell free to e-mail me personally and I will
        be your support as you can be mine.
        Never give up hope.
        Pegah,
        P.S. I, too, have Grave’s… it’s definately NOT fun!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.