Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Colleen, some types of arthritis are auto-immune diseases, and people who are genetically susceptible to GD are also susceptible to other auto-immune problems. My understanding is that this is the reason families with diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, pernicious anemia, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, etc. tend to have members with GD also. One person might have several of these problems! No, it’s not the same as osteoporosis (which is unlikely before menopause). Are your thyroid levels stabilized? You can have arthritis-like symptoms when they are off, either way. Please share with us when you find out what you’re dealing with. I can sure sympathize with your distress over the change in lifestyle. We are the same age, and this year I’ve felt like an old lady; this sedentary life isn’t conducive to weight loss! Dianne N

Anonymous

When you think you’ve had all you can take, another curve ball is thrown. Is there
        Anyone out there know of any relationship between GD, RAI and arthritis?
        I’m now going to have a MRI done and CAT scan. What else?? Two years ago I worked out
        at the gym 4 times a week, lifted weights, did a great deal of landscaping, etc.
        125 lbs. I now weigh 170 lbs and severe arthritis and I am only 44.
        This isn’t the same as osteoporosis is it? I am officially going to call it WAR soon?
        colleen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.