Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The best thing to do, always, is to write your questions down, and ask the doctor. Generally speaking, the do’s and don’ts associated with Graves depend a lot upon whether someone still has a thyroid or not, and where in the treatment process they are, so what one patient hears from their doctor might be altogether wrong for another patient, with a different set of circumstances. This holds true for foods as well as drugs. There are not many limitations with foods, and then only under special circumstances. So ask your doctor.

Bobbi — NGDF Asst. Online Facilitator

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me if there are certain things my daughter should or shouldn’t eat having Graves? My doctor hasn’t told me much which is why we are going to a new one this week. (our third)
        Thanks.

Anonymous

My rule of thumb is to avoid foods that make me feel weird or bad. I’ve had several incidents with fish when I was both hyper and hypo. The endo couldn’t explain exactly what happened, but I started paying more attention and made the connection.

Hopefully, your daughter will not have any strange reactions to foods, but several people on the board have mentioned things, so I thought I’d bring it up. Sometimes, we just don’t realize that a food triggered something because we’re in the midst of dealing with the fallout.

Hope it goes well with the new doc.

~Melinda

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.