Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I was diagnosed Graves and started on Tapazole soon after. I’ve been taking 3 pills a day for the last 4 1/2 months, and my TSH level has only risen from .03 to .07. Not only is it discouraging, but it makes me wonder if I want to continue taking the pills for the next 2 years with only the possibility of remission, and even then, a chance that it could come back at any time. I recently switched to a new Endo who I am very happy with. The only problem is, I feel like he’s trying to convince me to have RAI. He made it clear that the decision is 100 percent up to me, and he would support me either way, but basically told me it was my best option. I’m just really confused about the whole thing. I’m assuming that if I had the RAI I would be better off eventually (am I wrong to assume this?), but I’m not sure if I’m being well prepared for what I might go through after having the procedure. All my Endo told me was that it might take a while for my levels to even out. He didn’t say anything about how I would feel afterward, or how long it might take. One more thing…in September I will begin my 10 month service with Americorp. I will be in a different state every 2 months doing different service projects. My Endo said if I decide to get the RAI, I need to do it soon so that my levels could be normal by September. That only gives my body 4 months to regulate itself. Those of you who have had RAI, is this likely? I am really curious to know your experiences, and please, any advice or words of wisdom. I’m not sure if RAI is a good idea, especially now, but I’m also not sure if I will be able to get the care I need come September if I continue to take the Tapazole. If there is no good solution, I may have to give up my spot with Americorps. Thanks in advance for any help,
      Shenley

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.