Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Maybe the salt craving is really an iodine craving, since salt is often iodized.

Anonymous

To JannL: Yes, I have had similar cravings for “salt” types of food. I could almost eat a whole bag of chips, expecially the tortilla chips. I still have it at times, but not always. Rose

Anonymous

23 yr. old friend who is in the midst of hyperthyroid. No firm diagnosis yet but Hashimoto’s has been mentioned. She has all the symptoms of Grave’s Disease, prior to which she was hypo for several months. She is now off synthroid, is on Prozac (which I really question, since it seems that I’ve not seen that particular drug listed as being used – usually people mention other reliable anti-depressants here). I think it’s ‘masking’ some symptoms, such as sleep disturbances, since she has finally gotten 2 full night’s rest, but the rest are all still alive and thriving. Endo – at appt. last week, passed her off to a nurse practicioner (yes, I know they are well trained, but when someone is not even stablized yet, nor has a definite diagnosis, think it was NOT a good decision by endo….she is looking for another endo, as am I). The past week, she has been craving/eating everything loaded with salt. Has anyone else with GD had this happen?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.