Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I had an allergic reaction to the T my tongue swelled up and I couldn’t breathe
      well. So I paged the dr. No answer.. figured then talked to the Endo on call
      and he said it was an allergic reaction and to stop the T. I did had a peaceful
      night and then called another doctor this morning.. And asked for a second
      opinion and I haven’t heard anything yet..

I called my original doctor and left the message I had a allergic reaction and was off the T and was
      getting another opinion.

Comments?

Lynn K.

Anonymous

I have a question for anyone who’s had eye surgery:

Did you get a second opinion before doing the surgery? What sort of things did you ask about when getting the second opinion? If the need for surgery is obvious, are you just getting a second opinion to hear different approaches to the surgery — e.g., exactly how the surgery will be performed, how aggressive, type of anesthesia, etc.? Or is there more to it that I’m not thinking of?

Anonymous

This is a late response, I was out of town and am just now catching up.
          I got a second opinion before my decompression because a coworker, plastic surgeon insisted that I “not let an ophthalmologist operate on my skull”. I saw his colleague who is a faciocranial surgeon, and while it was interesting to hear his perspective, and he did consult with my ophthy out of courtesy (all of this was free, which made it easier to do) although it made no difference in how the surgery was done, and my trust in my plastic ophthy was just confirmed. More than getting a second opinion, I would recommend 2 things for any surgery. One is to find someone you trust and can communicate freely with. The other is to find out how her/his techs and nurses feel about him/her, and how often the surgeon performs the procedure they are recommending. The more times they do the procedure, the better I feel about it. I am at a teaching hospital, and I always find out who actually does the surgery, the attending or the resident. It may be selfish, but I just don’t want someone learning on me. I always am very agreeable to being the model Graves patient in the office, but not in the operating room. At my center, it is policy that the attending must be in the room at all times. That is not the case everywhere.
          What surgery are you considering?
          Mag

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.