Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Okay, so, I just couldn’t stand not knowing why/where this “below the collar-bone, left, shooting series-of-pain” was happening. Yep, the dreaded Costochondritis is with me, again. Heart at 42 is great. Since 12 yrs old, looks like this aspect of GD is okeydokey! Glad to know the source, ‘cuz I didn’t want to slap the smoke-no-more patch on the body without knowing!!

When I told the doctor that someone had crept into my upper-thigh and shortened my tendon in the groin, ’bout 2″, in my sleep, one night, he grinned, poked…I screamed…oh, Bursitis now? Great! Had it only on my right side. For a few months….! Now, since seeing the doc on Friday, it’s taken up residence in my left leg! Ugh!

Took some blood….just waitin’ for the results! Sure don’t like this arthritic stuff! But, sure beats that “waitin’ for a stroke/heart attack” thought I’d been wracking my brain with!!! Don’t do as I do, but do see your doctor on this stuff….whewww!! Take care, all!

Anonymous

I’m just setteling down from an over adjustment of
        my t-4 med. My whole left arm radiating down from
        my shoulder constantly hurts. My sister who is
        also suffering with grave’s had a similiar experience
        My ekg test keep coming up negative and that only adds
        fuel to the fire for me cause I like explanations for
        everything.

Anonymous

Hi Dave (and all!) I like to know the “whys”, too! Good grief this GD is infuriating at best! With our bodies, and our immune systems (which came first? the chicken or the egg?) it’s a wonder how we function at all! Sorry ’bout the need for your adjustment. My blood was TSH “happy” at a 1.9 on a .4 to 5.1 normal range. I’ve slipped into the cynical phase regardless what the blood read!

Yet, I’m still hopeful! Why? Beats me. That warrior thing, I think! Who doesn’t vacilate between “I hope I’m within normal limits to I hope it shows I’m hypo/hyper” thoughts? The correlations between all of us are so close. I know what you and your sis are going through. Just as mysteriously as these symptoms are to us, they are to our doc’s as well. My doc was really open when I saw him. He did say that informally, he noticed a “full moon” thing with pain antics. Then he asked if I had….! Why doc, this disease is becoming more fun for you to investigate! I do believe I currently have the best doctor I’ve ever had. Open, honest, caring, questioning – a great listener. The runner-up doc started our relationship with “Oh! I just love Graves’ Disease patients!” This guy really meant it! Hope you & sis are feeling better. My brother shares the hypothyroid diagnosis. and my Mom, and her mother, and my Dad’s mother and so on! A whole treeful of loons! Take care! I’m horrible at waiting to come back to the board, sorry I took so long, again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.