Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dear Denise
      I do this all the time Denise,I don’t know why but I do look at peoples eyes all the time wondering if the ones with large eyes have graves disease,I think for myself I might do it maybe because I’m hoping I will come across with someone that has it,as you know yourself it is a very complex disease.Can be kind of scary when its your eyes and you don’t really know the outcome yet,like where is all this going to take me?Will I be blind when this is over? What other things will happen to us caused by this graves disease?Maybe they don’t know all there is to know about this graves yet either,can be scary don’t ya think? I don’t know Denise,but I know I do alot of looking when I’m out,hahaha If you think about it in another text,isn’t that on our minds alot of the day anyway? Like myself I’m forever wiping tears and using tears plus,its always something to do with my eyes.Have a good day everyone,and smile it really could be alot worse. Barb

Anonymous

Dee,
        Note my post to Blynn this am!

JAN

Anonymous

Yes! At first I kept looking at eyes to see if “normal” eyes were swollen like mine. It’s amazing how many eyes are really swollen–allergies maybe? But now I’m looking at eyes that stare. For example, there’s a lady on a committee I’m on who really has that Graves-looking stare. I don’t know her well, and don’t really want to broach the subject–what if she just has staring eyes? I don’t want to be insulting! OTOH, if she has Graves and doesn’t know it I feel like I should clue her in.

Anonymous

For people who have had the graves eye problems or gone through surgery
            do you find yourself looking more closely at people’s eyes? You
            always look at a person as a whole. But I find if I see someone with bulging eyes or
            the stare I always wonder if they have graves eye disease. In the back of
            my mind I always wonder if they may have graves and not
            even know it. Its one of those things– like buying
            a new car you don’t notice them on the road till
            you have one yourself!

Well have a great day!

Dee

Anonymous

Dee,

Exactly! I do that all the time. I never have the guts to
              ask them, though. I think it’s just like the new car thing.
              I also wonder if they think the same thing about me.

Blynn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.