Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Yes, talk about a ravenous apetite! I had a tremendous craving for lamb while I was on the stuff. I had been mostly a vegetarian for years before that too. Most of it is gone now thank goodness except for about 10 pounds that lingers. Since I love to rock climb, a few extra pounds really is noticed when I’m hanging by the fingertips 80 feet off the ground.

Bruce

Anonymous

Can any of you share information about this drug. Back in November I had three doses of it intravenously. The doctors were hoping it would help the swelling behind my eyes. It was a horrible ordeal for me as I am terrified of needles (Shannon I still am after all this time). Those treatments did not work. Before I had my orbital irradiation treatments I was put on 20 mg of Prednisone and continued that does through my treatments for a period of five weeks in all, tapering to 10 mg for one week and 5 mg this past week. I did gain some weight and was hungry all the time which I was told was a side effect. For a week after my ten radiation treatments I felt so much better, then, suddenly the past few days have been like being back to square one. Very discouraging. I am wondering if it is coming off the Prednisone? I wouldn’t want to be on it for longer periods of time as I might become a balloon after being hyper and size 6 for so long. Actually I guess I wouldn’t care about the weight if I could just feel OK. I don’t think the drug completely agreed with me in other ways also. Would sure like some feedback. Thanks. SAS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.