Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Well, I’m sorry I never posted a Mele Kalikimaka message yesterday, but I was too busy. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. Right now, since I’ve been so sick all the time, my almost three year old son has been living with his father. I picked him up on Christmas Eve and he spent the night, so I dropped him back off last night. As soon as Nico and I got home, I sat down with him and explained to him that I wasn’t feeling well, but I would try to play with him as much as I could. I also explained to him that some of the more rough play had to be done with my boyfriend. Nico and Kirk get along great. I was amazed at Nico’s behavior. I guess I underestimated the ability for a toddler to understand things. If he wanted to play on the computer, he called me. If he wanted to run around and pretend he’s a power ranger, he called Kirk. Periodically, he would come over to me, give me a hug and a kiss, and say, “Mommy, you okay?” It was so sweet. If it wasn’t for him, I don’t know what kind of Christmas it would have been. He even toned down his energetic-ness to lie down on my stomach while I sang Christmas songs to him. It was great. I wanted to cry because I was so touched. I don’t think I’ll ever underestimate a child again.

I know this doesn’t really have anything to do with anything, but I wanted to share it, because for the first time in months, I was truly happy yesterday. I look forward to wishing everyone a Hauoli Makahiki Hou next week.

Warm Fuzzies, Caroline

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.