Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody!
      Boy, I’ve had a terrible time getting on-line the last few days. I guess it’s getting to be quite a problem.
      Anyway, I just had my blood work come back with cholestrol at 280 and triglycerides at 360. Yikes! It’s never been that high. Usual it’s around 230 and tri. about 240…high but not so bad. I have alot of heart attacks/disease in my family…3 cousins by the age of 50 and both grandmothers, uncles, etc…so my doc wants me to take chol. lowering drugs. The only time I was at a normal range was when I first got GD. Now that I’m on synthroid it’s really climbing up there again. I have gained about 30 pounds, but have lost 20 of it. The last 10 has stayed on since May. I exercise religiously everyday on my motorized treadmill and eat low fat, and don’t overeat. (although the holidays got awway from me!) So I’m really scared abiut this. I hear it kills your liver and all kinds of bad stuff. But I’ve tried evrything else…vegetarian, oat brain, exercise, low-fat blah, blah, blah. Do you think GD contributes to this? Has anyone out there been on this type of medication? What results. I swear, it just gets better and better somedays. HELP! Trish (feel free to e-mail me. thanks)

Anonymous

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I ALSO HAVE EXTREMELY HIGH
        CHOLESTEROL (AROUND 280)—EVEN WORSE-THE LDL (BAD) CHOLES-
        TEROL WAS AROUND 190 AND IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT 130 OR
        LOWER. I HAD A THYROIDECTOMY WHEN I WAS 21 AND I AM NOW 42.
        AFTER TAKING THE SAME DOSAGE OF SYNTHROID FOR ABOUT 20
        YEARS, MY DOCTOR DECIDED TO PUT ME ON MEVACOR FOR THE HIGH
        CHOLESTEROL. WELL, IT WORKED ALRIGHT, BUT FOR NO APPARENT
        REASON MY THYROID RESULTS CAME BACK THAT I WAS TAKING TOO
        MUCH SYNTHROID! I REALLY DIDN’T UNDERSTAND WHY AND MY
        DOCTOR WAS NOT ALL THAT CONCERNED. ANYWAY, I DECIDED TO GET
        OFF OF IT BECAUSE I HAD HEARD ALL THE BAD THINGS IT CAN DO TO
        YOUR LIVER AND KIDNEYS.

Anonymous

I’m wondering if you tried to lower you cholestorl, with exersize, diet?
          I’m in the same boat- not as bad as your levels though, last time
          the doctor insisted I take meds, never once said how I could improve it
          myself – I’m going to start walking so see if I can lower my 248 level,
          and 174 LDL.
          Did you have symptoms?
          I just couldn’t bring myself to buy the meds! Are you still on yours? If
          so did/do you feel better? Did they lower you level?
          SueC

Anonymous

Sorry but I quess I stuttered, and forgot to reread for spelling mistakes

exercise – hows that!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.