Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi to all and just wanted to say I have been recovering for a week and a day now and the eyes are doing ok. I had gotten a cold along with the surgery so have been a bit under the weather to say the least!! I lost my voice and well lost my vision just for a day or so!! The swelling is gradually going down and I can see pretty good now. I had the surgery May 6 and stitches were removed May 12. My doctor will see me again in 2weeks and says when he does he “wants” me to tell him the lids are too low……….he said we cannot over correct me. I take this to mean he pulled those muscles a good bit in the lids to bring them down. My eyelids are really thick feeling right now (he said they were still swollen) and sort of numb. I also have had like a weight bearing feeling in my head and was confused if it was caused from having the cold or having the surgery.

Jake or anyone else that had lowering of the lid surgery, can you tell me of your “after” experiences……I am definitely sure in the next few weeks there will be some give to these lids, but just curious!! Thanks.

Anonymous

Cupcake,

I’m glad you’re recovering nicely from your surgery. Even with swelling, you can tell if the eyelids are too low. I could tell as soon as the bandage came off. The last time, it was two days post-op. The lid dropped back down, and it wasn’t gonna magically spring back up!

I’m waiting for my fourth (or is it fifth?) eyelid surgery. Any time now I should hear, after I saw another surgeon for a consult, at the recommendation of my current orbital surgeon. Yes, the major concern is overcorrecting. And my too-low left upper lid, keeps “falling back down” after each of the last 3 surgeries. So the goal is to get the left lifted back up to match the right, which is perfect. And something I found out: If one lid is lower, the “good” lid compensates by raising up a little higher. When I cover my “low” eyelid, my right eyelid drops down just a little. No wonder it’s so hard to get them both symetrical!

Continued healing!

Renee

Anonymous

Hi Cupcake, so glad to hear your surgery is over. I too developed a cold and laryngitis after surgery. My left lid dropped after I got home, so the next week I returned to have them lifted. That took some time and doing. Now the left one is lower than the right and the lower lid seems to be drooping and very wattery. It looks like it is pulled away from the eye, which is why it is so watery. I don’t dare that it is a little lower, no one is perfect, but the drooping makes me nervous.

My eyelids feel tight, but that is because they are still healing and very sore to touch. Did your Dr. put you on steriods?

Hang in there it does get better.

Sandy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.