Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Oh my dear you are not alone. One of the many symptoms is a racing mind and thoughts. You feel a little insane at times? Although I have never forgotten to pick kids up from school, I too have gotten busy with something and looked at the clock and thought…”oh my gosh, I should have left 10 minutes ago…” Or we will all get in the car and I’ll be driving down the road and get in a panic and look in the back seat to make sure they all had time to get in the car before I pulled out of the driveway. Makes ya feel like a real pitiful mom… Or I’ll be doing one thing and think of another and just stray off and do that one and then try to remember what it was I was doing before I strayed…on and on…I get up from a nice comfortable position on the couch and walk to another room and forget what I walked in there for and never do remember. It IS VERY scary. I agree. Although, I’m not real sure the approach to take to help with it…I did want to let you know you were not alone…

Anonymous

I have had Graves since 1995 and I still have so many unanswered questions. My past Dr. wasnt real good at explaining things. Does anyone else have trouble remembering things? It was just an occasional thing before but now it seems almost always. My 13, 9, and 5 yr. old children used to joke and say “You know Mom doesnt remember anything” and laugh about it. Well, it’s become much more serious now. I will completely lose my thoughts in mid sentence and I forget things constantly. Im becoming so upset and paranoid by this…so afraid that I’ll forget something really important…like picking my daughter up from preschool. ( I’ve almost done that a couple of times). And I’m having a lot of trouble remembering things at work. Anyone else with a terrible memory? Would like to hear your thoughts.
        Tracy

Anonymous

HI and i understand completely! My mind was so bad i would ask my three kids similar in ages to yours ok “everybody have their pillows” and really think that is what i meant to say meaning to say seatbelts on. One day i went to take my two youngest to have their physical,So i left work and headed to dr office, well i forgot to pick up the kids at school. I had to turn around. I mean i can go on and on. But since i have been on Tap not as bad. I am still not 100%. But hang in there it does get better ( the mind thing). You can email me by clicking on my name highlighted in blue , God bless and hugz to all.
          Annette

Anonymous

Tracy…I, too, am having a hard time remembering. I’m only 32, but my mind sometimes makes me think that I”m about 80. It’s very, very frustrating. I have lists everywhere, and I think that I should invest stock in post-it notes! I normally have a very sharp memory, but over the past year, my TSH levels have changed and I am feeling very hypo. I am attributing this memory problem to that. I’ll be seeing a new doctor in April and hope that she will help me fix this. If not, well, I guess I’ll just keep writing things down.

Donnalynn

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.