Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Let’s see, Karen. My eyes were getting pretty bad when I was diagnosed. I had a little bit of double vision at that time, but as soon as they put me on steroids, the double vision got bad and has been that way since. After about 6 months on prednisone (up and down on the dose), they did orbital Irradiation to try to stabilize the eyes, it helped some. I was still blind off and on depending on the prednisone dose (kept trying to get off it) for another year before one last blast of prednisone seemed to do the trick and I got my sight back, enabling me to get off the steroid.

It’s almost four years now and my eyes are looking almost normal, except kinda irritated a lot.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Bruce

Anonymous

Bruce,How long has it taken for your eyes to run their course? How long before you were seriously impaired-how long were you legally blind–how long before you started getting better? I’m into it 6 months now and feel like my life is on hold until I know how bad it’s going to get and how long it’s going to take. Thanks, KarenG

Anonymous

Thanks Bruce I wish there were good doctors where Im from. I,ve jetted to Halifax for my surgeries, which cost me a bundle I can’t afford to go back again right now.will just have to deal with it for now.Thanks for writing t

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.